Thursday, January 22, 2009

When I was 13...(Back in 97')

I was nerdy and awkward. I wasn't afraid of getting hurt. I was curious about eveything. I was amazed by people, especially really old people; their faces reflected experience that I was too young to understand. I had a boyfriend that meant the world to me, but I only saw him at school. I was always happy. I was shy around those I didn't know, but outgoing around those that I did. Titanic was a hit at the box office (I saw it seven times in the theater) but I couldn't decide at the time if I had a bigger crush on Leo or Kate. I loved TLC and Jewel. My friends and I made up an awesome dance to go along with Michael Jackson's "Black and White", and showed everyone who would pretend to care-repeatedly. I loved science and loved to examine random things under my microscope. I hated hot dogs and my big feet. I loved playing football and baseball. I loved to do do flips on my trampoline with my sister and my friends all day (until dinnertime, of course!). I loved to ride my bike. I loved to play outside with my friends. I didn't fully appreciate having dinner every night as a family. I was oblivious.

1 comment:

  1. Your list of memories made me smile. Confusing crushes, dance routines, trampolines and TLC. Ah the memories!!

    ReplyDelete